Our vision is to build a community where residents of Galveston County are healthy, financially stable and empowered to meet their full potential.
- Everyone should have sufficient food.
- Everyone should have a safe place to live.
- Everyone should have access to basic healthcare.
- Everyone should have the skills and support to enter and stay in the workforce.
- Children and youth should have an opportunity to grow and prosper.
- People in crisis should have access to emergency services.
- Seniors & people with disabilities should be supported in their efforts to remain independent.
United Way Galveston County Mainland will be a leader in our community by facilitating, promoting, and ensuring the availability of services that meet the needs of our community.
United Way ensures that your contribution stays in our community and is allocated responsibly to have the greatest impact. Mobilizing resources for human care services is our most important job. Along with our partners, we participate in community problem solving efforts, offer volunteer opportunities, and provide information and referral service.
- Prioritize needs in education, health and basic needs with the ultimate goal of providing services leading to financial stability and quality of life
- Form innovative and effective partnerships with other organizations
- Strategically raise and invest resources to make lasting change