Seafood Cook-off CategoriesChef's Choice of Fish Division (Optional)
Judging will begin at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 18th, 2017
Bisque Seafood Division (Optional)
Judging will begin at 12 p.m. on Friday, August 18th, 2017
Shrimp Gumbo Division (Mandatory)
Judging will begin at 2 p.m. on Friday, August 18th, 2017
Seafood Cook-off RulesThe Cook-off Committee will provide one (1) approximate 20 x 20 foot space for each cook-off spot, area permitting, for the cook-off. Props, trailers, motor homes, tents (including stakes), coverings, or any other equipment must not exceed the boundaries of the space provided. Spaces are not always back to back or perfectly square. Map is not drawn to scale. Participants must supply all needed equipment and supplies. Cook-off Committee will provide space only.
- On Thursday, August 17 cook-off teams can arrive starting at 5 p.m. at Topwater to setup for Friday cook-off.
- On Friday, August 18:
- All Chef's Choice of Fish Division samples will be requested at 9:45 a.m. and shall be delivered to the designated Cook-off area by 10:00 a.m.
- All Bisque Seafood Division samples will be requested at 11:45 a.m. and shall be delivered to the designated Cook-off area by Noon
- All Shrimp Gumbo Division samples will be requested at 1:45 p.m. and shall be delivered to the designated Cook-off area by 2:00 p.m.
SEAFOOD BISQUE DIVISION(Entry Optional) - Seafood Bisque is defined as a thick rich soup made from choice of seafood. BISQUE MUST BE MADE FROM SCRATCH; no commercial bisque allowed.
SHRIMP GUMBO DIVISION (Entry Mandatory) - MUST BE 75% SEAFOOD, (NO RICE OR PASTA ALLOWED), 2 gallons recommended. Each team must participate in the SHRIMP GUMBO division.
- A minimum of 7 samples must be placed in the container for the preliminary divisions. A minimum of 12 samples must be placed in the container for the final divisions
- Judging for All Divisions will be on the following:
- After Taste
- Garnish will not be allowed in any divisions. Do not put onions, peppers, etc. on top of the any sample. Sauce and stuffing permitted in the CHEF'S CHOICE OF FISH Division. No tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, lemons or any other condiment etc. and nothing poured on top which was not cooked with the sample; no foil inside and no markings on the outside. GREEN LEAF lettuce ONLY (no red tip or spinach) can be used to line the bottom of the container in the CHEF'S CHOICE OF FISH (NO lettuce allowed in the Gumbo cup). If using crab in any division only the crab meat can be used (NO whole bodies, legs, claws, etc.can be placed in the container).
- Chef's Choice of Fish Division Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m., Friday, August 18, 2017
- Bisque Seafood Division Judging will begin at 12:00 p.m., Friday, August 18, 2017
- Shrimp Gumbo Division Judging will begin at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 18, 2017