Job Opening at BOYS & GIRLS HARBOR, INC.: Database Administrator/Administrative Assistant
Boys and Girls Harbor Director of Operations
Responsible for maintaining e-Tapestry database, managing front reception area, providing secretarial support to administrative staff and Director of Operations and maintaining the general office environment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain the Harbor's e-Tapestry fundraising database
- Generate reports and create queries in e-Tapestry as needed
- Maintain and update the e-Tapestry manual
- Receive and process the mail
- Prepare deposit slips and make copies of checks
- Send donation/tax acknowledgment letters
- Create invoices for special events
- Create invoices as needed
- Record on-line donations
- Maintain and updating mailing lists
- Schedule the service of office equipment
- Answer the telephone and respond to phone and e-mail inquiries
- Assist with special projects and events
- Assist with mailings for special events as needed
- Assist with Board of Directors meetings; order lunch and help prepare book
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. From time to time, other duties may be assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in business or related field from an accredited college with 2 years of general office experience
- Must meet the requirements of a Criminal History and Central Registry Background Checks
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Computer skills
- High level of computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, and E-tapestry preferred).
- High level of professionalism and office etiquette.
- Skills in maintaining and developing data bases.
- Ability to organize work and work independently.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
- Strong organizational skills.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Sandra Gallegos email@example.com